Sunday, June 8, 2008

high in the sky Apple PIE hopes!!!!


I'm getting ready for a Family reunion and I am in charge of kids games. We've got quite the list going, and I decided that a pie eating contest would be great... WHO DOESN'T LOVE PIE! (Well you might not like pie... and you don't have to be in my contest. So we're good.)

Jon and I are having a lovely conversation about who's got the better idea... and how I'm right and you're wrong... so to stop the madness (not anger.... insanity). I need blogger friend help. I know you are out there. You secret blog readers. I am one. I understand, sometimes I just don't have a comment. But the baby pics are lovely THANKS.

One of us would like to make a PIE, with crust, filling and whipped cream on the top. Then cut the pie into pieces and whoever eats their piece first without hands... Wins.
The other would like to buy little throwaway pie tins and put just filling and whipped cream, no crust, and make you eat out of the tin, with no hands.


So I need COMMENTS. Should we do it *with crust or *without. And also please include what kind of pie you would want for this family friendly competition. (Remember kids don't eat mincemeat)

2 comments:

Roger said...

Well this is a little of both. We always buy little crusts and full them with that canned pudding you get at sams club. So there are no tins but it is a little pie and not a piece.

But if I had to choose one I would go with the little tins because they are a lot easier and less hassle, but if there is no crust then good luck trying to judge who the winner is.

kate said...

I say make the pie crust filling and topping and give each a piece. And I cannot believe YOU need pie ideas. When I read that comment on my blog I laughed right out loud. Sweet Potato! Chocolate! Lemon Meringue! Cherry! Strawberry Rhubarb! and if you do it by pieces you won't need many more than that!!! GOOD LUCK! I think I'll be there!