Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Things I'm doing...




I made a Sweet Potato Pie. When you think of Sweet Potato Pie, do you think of that country song too? Paula Deen sure knows what she's doing. It was wonderful. Similar to a pumpkin pie but different. I think I might like them even more than pumpkin. When I make it again, I'm going to leave out some of the sugar. I'm sweet enough. :) I'm also not going to do the meringue, a dollop of whipped cream would be wonderful. The meringue is pretty, but I did something wrong because when we were cutting it, the meringue didn't slice... it tore and balled up. (It's probably because I didn't serve it until the next day.)

I've got more things to share, but Isaac is sick. It is completely impossible to accomplish anything. At this moment, he is throwing a fit and I'm having to move him around to keep him happy. It's hard to be happy when your nose is constantly running. And your mom keeps wiping it. I'd be mad too. There has been one truly saving grace. During the times that he is inconsolable, I have found that a piece of black licorice is amazing. Messy, but amazing. Heaven bless Sweet Potato Pie and Black Licorice.

1 comment:

kate said...

Yeah for Black Licorice! It saved us on our trip to Phoenix. And my dear as always your pie is a beaut!