Thursday, March 13, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting


Do you guys remember this movie? The scene I remember is the friend has lost her glasses and is cuddling a rat.
Well my situation is a little different. I'm currently in Highland, at a friends house taking care of her 5 kids. She's gone for a few days and needed someone who could stay the night. So Jon and I are going to be here until Saturday morning. So far it's going well, we're going to have a calm evening eating Corn Dogs and Mac & Cheese .... no one is cuddling with rats.


The next day...... Well last nights dinner was a bust. I mistakenly supposed that because there were many many cans of green beans in the pantry that, maybe they eat them. So I opened two cans to feed everyone. These kids have a horrible allergic reaction that causes them to have a horrible flavor in their mouth and pull horrible faces. And then must wash their mouths out with water from the sink. After much discussion we find that the only person who eats veggies is the dad, and the mom hates everything veggie. So the kids caught the veggie disease from her. It's so funny to me. We had to eat veggies all the time when I was a kid. And now I love them. Peas, Corn, Zucchini, Asparagus, Sweet Potatoes... almost all of them. And even Artichokes I know they look confusing, but mmmm mmm mmmm dipped in butter. My mouth is watering. I think I'll have one for dinner tomorrow. Luckily for tonight we are having frozen pizzas and I'm pretty sure that there aren't any evil veggies on them.

Oh so because I felt so bad about opening two cans of beans, Jon and I had two large helpings. Mmm Mmm Beans.

2 comments:

Randi said...

Yes, I loved that movie! Good luck with your babysitting adventure!

kate said...

O dear!! No veggies at all? How healthy can that be? Oh well, I'm with ya on the artichokes, sounds yum!