Monday, February 18, 2008

Would the real Valentine's day please stand up?







Valentine's day was lovely. I think I got everything finished that I wanted to. I finished my heart cakes and gave them to the Provo Canyon School boys. I didn't put the cute sayings on the hearts...but I'm sure that no one missed them. Maybe just me. The cake recipe was wonderful, but I used the Billy's vanilla vanilla frosting. It was too sweet for this cake. Billy's frosting is better for Billy's cake. Next time I'll either follow the recipe or use a cream cheese frosting. I also made some sugar cookies and used the BVV frosting. They were wonderful. I did go a little bit overboard when making these cookies. It probably only frustrates me, but I was going for a more professional look and when you bake your cookies they always spread. So when you get the cookies out of the oven re-cut them. And then eat all the edges that are leftover. Looking at the close up of the cookies the center cookie at the top was not re-cut... the cookie with the three large dragees is the re-cut version of that cookie. You really don't have to do that... I was just being anal that day... and really wanted cookie edges.
For dinner we had New York steak, Roasted Balsamic Onions, and Garlic Potato Souffle (which sounds gross and doesn't look good in the picture.. but it was really tasty.) We didn't spend any money on presents this year so we went the crafty way. Here is a picture of Jon's paper dolls and a picture of my wooden valentine.

And what is any blog of mine if there isn't a picture of the baby.

5 comments:

kate said...

First - I love your title. :) And of course your cookies are gorgeous! Sounds like you had a V-day lot's like ours.. no spendy gifts! only we did do take out!... Is that pic of Isaac crawling? Bracken started moving forward instead of backwards last week... now he doesn't sit in one place for long!

Kassie said...

Nope he's not crawling.... but he's practicing. UP on his knees... and he can lay on his tummy and do an army scoot. He only uses one leg to push him forward. The other drags behind him. Silly Boy.

Anonymous said...

Cassie!
I am glad to find your blog! You sound like a gourmet chef! Your products look like one :).
You have an adorable little boy!
-Jacque (Evans) Rupp

Randi said...

Hey Kassie! I'm so impressed with your cooking skills. And yes, Paula Deen is fabulous! How are you doing? Your little boy is so dang cute! I hope all is well!

kate said...

You've been Bag Tagged!!! (see my blog)